Tuesday, February 2, 2010

hello pretty





Today my friend and jewelry expert Rhonda Riche from one of my most favourite blogs - graciousgood - suggested we meet up at Toronto Antiques on King as a start to my attempt to try and sell my grandmother's china.
After chit-chatting to a dealer about my china, Rhonda and I looked and many. many lovely jewelery pieces. Oh so many things to dream about including the above hand painted fly ring. I'm going to guess and say it is Victorian, I could be wrong here as Rhonda is the expert not me. Isn't it fabulous, I love, love love it.
I'm also quite smitten with this cameo necklace. Full-bodied cameos are rare ( I learned today) and the chain, too sweet. After we finished spending our imaginary money, we went over to Queen street and popped into a vintage store where Rhonda couldn't help but place G.I Joe in front of this landscape painting, looks like he is really there doesn't it, hut - huh?

1 comment:

  1. hahaha great to hear you had such a fun time at Toronto Antiques on King, my mom and dad try really hard to make it a great shopping experience.

    ReplyDelete