Sunday, June 27, 2010

call me Mrs Chan







A couple of weeks ago my friend Yvonne - from Pistil Flowers - and I were discussing films. I was telling her about my passion for period piece dramas - Jane Campion films in particular. I love the imagery, I can watch The Piano and Bright Star over and over and over again. Yvonne suggested I rent the Hong Kong love story In The Mood For Love which I did and man oh man what a freakin' beautiful movie. Mad Men - shmad men that is what I say. This film is 60's perfection. I had it for five days and watched it six times before returning. It is complete eye candy, the outfits, the set decor (including some amazing wallpaper and light fixtures) and the sound track featuring Nat King Cole singing Spanish - this movie has it all. And, like with most things I love this movie inspired me to look at outfits I'd wear if I were Mrs Chan and here is what I came up with. If you haven't seen this movie run out and rent it - as for me, I'll be buying my own copy .

2 comments:

  1. I loved Mrs. Chan! And wasn't the set decorating so beautiful too? So moody…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, too much to look at in one viewing, complete perfection! I must find a copy to buy.

    ReplyDelete