Friday, August 15, 2008

Brick works farmers market









I’m attempting to hit all the local farmer’s market this summer. My goal is to eat as much locally grown food as I can for as long as I can in homage to a couple of books I recently read, Barbara Kingsolver’s – Animal, vegetable, miracle, and Michael Pollan’s -The omnivore’s dilemma. This week some friends and I went to the Toronto Brick works farmers’ market where we happily ate our way through stalls of bread, cheese, soups, sweets, the list goes on and on.

Had myself a cup of the most delicious chocolate drink EVER called Aztec blood. Imagine a cup of melted (but still ice cold) chocolate popsicle blended with 5 different types of Mexican chilies and a few other things. It was fantastic. If I ever end up on death row please instead of a last meal I’ll take a vat of this and be good-to-go. Also, Hand crafted twig tunnels for kids in the garden. I know it looks like this kid has no head but trust me, he does. construction bag-planters,construction bag-planters, magnificent garlic, stunning dill, and the most incredibly beautiful oyster mushrooms.


No comments:

Post a Comment